22 March 2015

Suspects accused of trading in human parts say ‘We call human skull biscuit’




WHEN next someone overhears two people who are in no way linked with trading discuss about ‘biscuit’ it is probable that the ‘biscuit’, being referred to is a dry human skull.

This was thrown open on Tuesday, March 17, when a suspected skull buyer, Adediran Saki (25) revealed that the human part is referred to as ‘biscuit’ among those who deal in it.
The Oyo State Commissioner of Police, Muhammad Musa Katsina, had told journalists that detectives at the State Intelligence Bureau unit of the command carried out a discreet investigation into the criminal activities at a Muslim cemetery at Awotan area of Ibadan, following a petition he received that about six graves had been excavated by unknown perpetrators.

Katsina said that as perfect as the perpetrators thought they were, they left behind an object which gave a clue to the people behind the grave excavation. Five suspects arrested in connection with the case are Abati Kolade, Taiwo Akinmola, Ramon Korede, Adediran Mojeed and Adediran Saki, who happened to be Mojeed’s wife.

It was revealed that the suspects formed a chain: While Kolade and Akinmola went to the cemetery to get the skull, it was sold to Korede, who in turn took it to Saki who is the last ring on the chain.
Describing the suspects as ‘cemetery rats’, the police commissioner said they formed a group of “nocturnal scavengers whose stock in trade was to desecrate the peaceful environment where the dead lie in peace. In the night, they exhume bodies, dismember them and take their parts for rituals and sale,” he stated.

One of the suspects, Taiwo Akinmola (27), who spoke with Crime Reports claimed that it was an unnamed Alhaji who told him to get a dry skull for him. “I didn’t know the man before. He just took two of us to the cemetery and said he needed a dry skull of human beings. He promised to pay us N10,000. We went to the cemetery at about 9p.m. and dug out one skull that was broken, but we could not see the man who gave us the job again.

“There was one Alfa (Korede) I knew so I approached him and told him that we had a broken skull. He collected it and after three days, he paid us N2,000. That was the only time we worked at the cemetery.”
Saki Adediran (25), who was visibly pregnant, also confirmed that she purchased a dry human skull from Korede. The herbs seller said: “Alfa Korede used to buy herbs from me. One day, he came to me and asked whether I was selling ‘biscuit’.

“I said I didn’t know what he meant. He then explained that it was human skull and I said I was not selling. He asked me why and I said I didn’t get trained to that level. He went further to ask if I would buy in case I got one and I replied that I would, once there would be no trouble from any quarters.
  “He brought one ‘biscuit’ (dry human skull) to me. We also called it ‘Monu’. I have only bought one from him and I did not ask him where he got it from. I paid N3,000 for it. I broke it into pieces and sold a piece for between N100 and N200. I sold the pieces for a total of N4000.”

The female suspect refused to disclose the identities of those who patronized her but said they would come and ask for ‘biscuit’. She said his customer were mainly those who came to buy herbs and they would tell her that they wanted to use it for charms.
Source: Tribune

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...