10 December 2013

Jezebel’ That Trades In Babies.

The long arms of the law have caught up with 35-year-old Rose Nwadinaobi for engaging in the illicit and hideous practice of procuring pregnant teenage girls and selling off their babies soon after they gave birth as if they were commodities.

Until she was smoked out and arrested by the ‘Police Ambush Squad’ of the Imo State Police Command in Port Harcourt, where she runs a ‘baby factory’ at 15 Oyigbo Road, Nwadinaobi had been operating criminal activity for seven years.

The Imo State Commissioner of Police, Mr Mohamed Katsina who told Sunday Sun the story of the horrible ‘business’ of this modern day Jezebel said that she kept the pregnant teenage girls, who were practically like ‘egg layers’ producing innocent babies that were then sold at deep pocket buyers. The girls were paid N50,000 after delivery and the baby taken away.

During the raid on the baby factory, CP Katsina said that the police team rescued six pregnant women. He gave their names as: Ngozi John, 20, from Ohuhu North LGA, Abia State; 15-year-old Chidinma Peter from Orueke Mbato LGA, Abia State; Blessing Okon, 21, a native of of Atabonoorou, Okobo LGA, Akwa Ibom; Ebuka Emenike, 25, from Isiukwuato, Abia State and 16-year-old Chiamaka Mbanusi from Okigwe LGA, Imo State.

In a brief chat with Sunday Sun, one of the rescued girls, Ngozi John said that she was already six-months pregnant, and said that a friend introduced her to Nwadinaobi.

“She promised that after I delivered, whether a male or female child I will be given the sum of N50,000. She is the one who feeds us and takes care of us before we deliver the baby,” Ngozi said.

Another victim, Blessing Okon whose pregnancy had reached four months corroborated Ngozi’s claims. On her part, the suspect said: “I have been in this business for the past seven years. I have my baby factory at No 15 Oyigbo Road, Port Harcourt. I have some agents that work for me. I do arrange pregnancy for those who are looking for children to adopt and sell babies born by pregnant ladies I keep in my custody.”

Nwadinaobi who hails from Umuoda Isingwu, Umuahia South LGA, Abia State further explained: “I do give any of the pregnant ladies who delivered in my custody N50,000 and then take the baby away. I do sell male babies at N900,000 while female babies are sold at N600,000. Childless people always patronize me.”

Katsina gave an assurance that Nwadinaobi would be arraigned in after conclusion of investigations into the matter by the police. Meanwhile, two of the rescued victims pregnancy successfully gave birth at the Nigeria Police clinic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...