29 August 2013

Former Sports Editor of Evening Times Diagnosed With Congestive Heart & Kidney Failure (PLEASE HELP ME)


Early this evening, I got a distressed voicemail from my terminally ill friend and colleague, Rilwan Omosun: " Zuk please call me back. This is urgent." Few minutes later, I called Rilwan (Real One).........
Rilwan Omosun was the Sports Editor of Evening Times, a subsidiary of Nigeria's premiere daily newspaper, THE DAILY TIMES. In 1990 Rilwan relocated to United States to seek further education and professional excellence. Eight years later, he was diagnosed with kidney failure. His doctors placed him on a specialized treatment. In 2000, Rilwan had a massive stroke that paralyzed his left side. Three years after his stroke, he began permanent kidney dialyses three times a week for the remainder of his life or until he is fortunate for a transplant.
Five months ago, Rilwan was diagnosed with congestive heart failure. Doctors said his life may end next March. He has seven months to live. Two weeks ago, the roof of his roomy apartment in Maryland collapsed and the landlord refused to fix the leakage and collapse. Rilwan called to tell me he moved into Motel 6 and may not be able to pay the next few days hotel stay. He would move into the homeless shelter by tomorrow night but his health conditions may not tolerate the inconvenience of shelter living rules and regulations:" you must check into the homeless shelter at six in the evening and check out with all your luggages at 6a.m.
 I am disabled. I cannot be dragging my bags from one street corner to the next. Zuks, I want to return home to die. I want to die with dignity. And dying amongst my people in Nigeria is more dignifying than dragging my bags allover Maryland. I need money to go back home to die. I dont need any dialyses in Nigeria... I just want to go Zuks"... I asked his permission to share this sad year jerking story with our dearest community and he obliged. I plead with you here to help donate anything to rehabilitate my friend and perhaps, offer him that peace he desires now.  Contact Rilwan Omosun  By mail  jejeminimojoko@gmail.com.
Culled from facebook page https://www.facebook.com/thekilimanjaro

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...